From clockwise: Street artist - Tanah Abang Mall - Monas - Running horses

Been to Jakarta & Bandung last year but only now has a chance to write about it. Actually, prior to this blogging, I'm actively running & I do have my own travel page on VT. But it seems that blogging is more easier and I could share almost about everythings.
From clockwise: Hotel room - hotel bathroom - Hotel lobby - Lee Grandeur, Jakarta

Jakarta - A fascinating city. My holiday was 5D4N. 2nites @ Bandung and another 2nites at Jakarta. I checked in at 4star local hotel LE GRANDEUR (ex Dusit hotel) @ MANGGA DUA (purposely choosed local hotel in case of anything). Ohhh goshh! this area is heaven for shoppers. The hotel is connected to a wellknown shopping Mall and walking distance to numbers of other shopping malls. The hotel is superb and perfect for me as accomodation is a very important factor during any of my vacation.

My trip was a shopping holiday. Not more or less than that. Everything was about shopping..shopping..and shopping. Jakarta is not a city for you to rest & relax. Furthermore, all the goods were damn cheap and pretty escpecially (imitation) handbags!
For clothes the good choice to go is the ITC Mangga Dua and the Pasar Pagi mangga Dua. Fashion lovers will be amazed with what they can buy there with minimum budget. Forget about luxurious boutiques for a while and go rummage the hectic shops.
From clockwise: Beautiful clothes @ Tanah Abang - Handbags @ ICT Mangga Dua - Pasar Pagi Magga Dua - Beautiful embroidery kebaya

Mangga Dua is the most paced up and packed up area in Jakarta. But worries not, I never hired any driver or rent a car this time. I wanted to feel like local. I climbed up "ANGKUTAN" (van) from one place to another. It cost me about RM0.50 - RM1.00 pertrip. It was adventureous yet interesting experience. If you on the ride and wanted to get down at your desired destination, what you have to do is say loudly to the driver "KIRIK-KIRIK" (mean left side of the road). Kind of funny but cute. But you must be alert on what you are taking though. There are numbers of angkutan and it covers different areas based on colour. Don't be shy to ask around if you lost.
Since I'm staying at shopping area, I spend a lot of times at Mangga Dua itself. I only went to Tanah Abang on the second day - Tanah Abang is located in central Jakarta. This is the place where shop owners buy ready to wear clothes or textiles in bulk. Careful! you may lost inside the building. They are too many shops, multi level floors, small & limited walkways and crowded but it is air-conditioned.
From clockwise: Restaurant Garuda @ Jln Hayam Wuruk - delicious nasi padang - Bakso - Fried Gurame

What to eat? of course NASI PADANG! Fuhhh! mouth watering meal. The taxi driver showed me the best restaurant to enjoy nasi padang, GARUDA at Hayam Wuruk Road nearby 1001 Malam nite club. The restaurant is very clean, with AC, friendly staffs and it taste fantastic!.
I also tried FRIED GURAME with rice at hotel. It was awesome!!! thumbs up meal definitely.
All those was very great moments @ unforgetable experience for me but I bet it will be more wonderful on my second trip coming this November. Jakarta - I'm coming to see you again!..hohoho I can't wait :-P