Top: Peperomia (right) & Zebrina (left) are easy to grow and require less sunlight
Bottom: My blue flowers are blooming..ohhh they look so english!

I love gardening. It's one of my hobby - an incredibly relaxing hobby. Gardening is the practice of growing plants for their attractive flowers or foliage, and vegetables or fruit for consumption.

Unfortunately I'm only able to feel the thrill by doing residential gardening since I have no yard and less direct sunlight & I always wish I could have window herb garden someday. But that are not excuses not to have myself sorrounded with refreshing plants and gorgeous flowers.


Well, few things I would love to share about this hobby - for growing conditions, make sure you get a plant that will thrive in your indoor setting... a plant that will be able to survive in the conditions you have present in your house. As for myself, I only select plants that require medium sunlight or house plants. Having this type of plant, I've to make sure and never over water them & fertilize once a month.


Another important factor is how much do you want to spend? At the beginning, I used to go to Sungai Buloh flower nursery a lot! I could say every weekend :-P It was fun going there as there are varieties of plants & colourful flowers at very cheap price. It's only RM2-4 for a medium size plant in a polybag? Wow! It's very attractive :-O

Unfortunately, not all will survive in indoor conditions. I must carefully choose an indoor plant because I do not want to be a "plant murderer" :-(


From clockwise: mixture of Rhapis,Aglaonema, Fern & Japanese bamboo welcoming me home everyday
***Lily in a long pot***Fern & Money plant @ my staircase
***Giant fern stretching high on tall hunger for sunlight @ my kitchen balcony



From my experience few good plants for indoor are like Rhapis, Japanese bamboo, Fern, Calathea, Begonia, Aglaonema, Sansevieria, Syngonium, Money plant and etc.




Finally of course how much time do you want to spend caring for a plant? Normally I'll do this fun dirty job on weekend but I'll make sure to water my plants twice a week as the weather nowadays seem to be extremely hot. But I do have few plants that need water every day especially the baby blue flower & giant fern.


Some people may think that gardening is a kind of messy, dirty & tiring job but for myself it's definitely an interesting and relaxing activity to do and it gives me an amazing feeling especially when my lilies are blooming & fragrant at my front door ;)