A great beach get away! Perhentian Island consist of Perhentian Besar & Perhentian Kecil. Located at Besut Terengganu about 8hrs drive from KL via new East Coast Expressway (ECH). To get to the island you must take 1hr boat ride @ RM40/way.




Every year, I' ll try to arrange at least 1 beach vacation preferebly at any islands @ Terengganu. Ever since ECH was completed about 3yrs ago, driving to Terengganu has become a lot more easier. From the last exit @ Gambang, just continue driving via coastal road passing KT untill Besut. Personally, I prefer self drive rather than flying to KT since it make my holiday more interesting. I could stop at anywhere I wish for coconut drinks & local food and there are numbers of nice kampung stalls lying at the roadside along the road.




Because of the distance (>550km), I reached Besut at about 5pm and definitely there is no more boat scheduled to Perhentian at that time. In order to catch next day morning boat (9am), I need to check in @ Besut. Huh! nightmare! Besut has no good hotel and I had to force myself taking bath and fortunately because of too tired, I went to bed quite easy...



My chalet

Spacious interior



My chalet view

I've decided to stay @ Perhentian Island Resort (PIR) at Pulau Perhentian Besar after found that it was the best package, clean & comfy. My package was 4D3N fullboard @ Semi Suite Chalet overlooking ocean @ RM750/pax.
The chalet is very spacious with clean bathroom and great view. Other than seaview chalet, PIR also has garden and pool view chalet which located further behind.








The beach? Wow! the best beach at Perhentian Besar. White sandy beaches. Warm crystal clear blue sea and picturesque scenery. PIR has a jetty with awesome beach backdrop! gorgeous!!! Perfect for your holiday photo and sometimes used for wedding photo shoot..so sweet.











Nitelife on the island is definitely zero. But some resorts do provide lousy noisy karaoke until midnite. Come on. Who need entertainment during beach holiday? It’s a place to rest & relax and appreciate the beautiful nature not for a disco or cheap karaoke where we can have it in the city? The best thing to do is - lying on the beach bench enjoying million of stars in the sky and hearing lovely ocean waves singing to your ears...perhaps with a cup of hot coffee? Great!

Unfortunately, during my check-in there was a group of elderly from Taiwan. Almost 50 of them..Another nightmare..Meal times turn onto very lousy experience. Gosh! That was what I’m trying to avoid.. ‘Large Group Check-In’. Luckily they checked-out on my 2nd day and everything back to normal.








Snorkeling @ Perhentian was superb!!! Bright & colourful marine life. You don’t have to go far, just play around at the jetty area..wow! It’s time for fish feeding. I brought 2packs of bread purposely for this occasion. It was so fun!




Grab your flipflops, pario, hat and sunblock and head to the beach now! Perhentian is definitely a real stop island!