My Private Plunge Pool



My Villa @ Ubud Village Resort




Giant banana @ Alam Kulkul


Many of us have heard or been to Bali but not many of us have stepped into Ubud. Ubud is more quiet & peaceful compare to Kuta. Ubud is an art & cultural village and no need to explain further about his friendly and lovely Ubudian.

Ubud is 33 km from Kuta and 10 km from Denpasar. Normal driving time from Seminyak/Kuta is 45 mins to 1 hour. Since this was my 2nd trip to Bali for 5D4N, I choosed Ubud as my central stay for 3N while decided for 1N stay at Kuta to do some shopping and clubbing.


From clockwise: shuttle van complimentary service, Balinese cat at restaurant, flower deco, buggy -transport within resort, 'do not disturb' sign at my villa entrance & Balinese style rice porridge.

My last visit was year 2004 and I stayed at Hilton @ Nusa Dua (now known as Sultan Hotel) and had been exploring Kuta quite well and that was why i choosed Ubud this time. Furthermore I'm desperate for place to rest, relax , pampering myself and clear out my mind after working hard at office. Arghhhh! I just deserved this.

Ubud has more luxury villas rather than hotel room unlike Kuta. Ubud also has no taxis or local transport but most resorts/hotels provide their own free shuttle services to Ubud Central Town at scheduled time average at every 1hr.

Prior to my trip, I've planned hard, customized and itemised small tiny details of my trip. I did a lot of research on the net, checking other travellers experience via Virtual Tourist & Tripadvisor, reading some books & magazines, communicated with my driver for tour trips thru e-mails back and forth, checking great villas within my budget and places that I should visit to.


Front view of Ubud Village Resort, Ubud

Generous lush tropical garden within resort



Foods & drinks at Ubud Village resort


It was tough to choose a resort at Ubud. Furthermore I'm a bit particular about accomodation during holiday. What a vacation if you stay at lousy hotel, poor services, bad food? dirty maybe? Whereas you had spent a lot of money and time for it? huh?..It tooks me 3 weeks to choose UBUD VILLAGE RESORT & SPA (UVR) between ALILA, ARMARESORT and TJAMPUHAN RESORT (can't afford for Royal Pitha Maha) It cost me RM750/nite at UVR. The total package for 4D3N was RM2.2k inclusive daily breakfast & afternoon tea, free airport transfer, 1 special dinner, 1 bird park tour, 1 dance show, daily bar refill & spa treatment. I admitted that it was tiring to plan a fantastic holiday but I'm glad I did it. I've certainly done a marvellous job. It was a wonderful holiday I've ever had and pricey.


It went very smooth, well organized, perfect and just what I want it to be :-)..Alhamdulillah..


Alam Kulkul @ Kuta Beach Road


My first check in was @ Alam KulKul-a 4star boutique hotel right in front of Kuta Beach. The hotel is so lovely within lush tropical garden. It has a spacious room & a great restaurant overlooking the sea.


Gazebo at main garden @ UVR

The next day my driver, Made picked me up for 1st day tour trip and subsequently send me to Ubud for my next check in at gorgeous, fantastic & luxurious villa at UVR. Located at hillside of Ubud in generous 3000 hectares green rice field with only 25 singular unit of luxury villa with private pool. Here, we are using Buggy as our transport within the resort due to large and spacious compound of lush tropical garden. It has 2 restaurants, 1 lounge bar, main swimming pool & numbers of pool tables to chill out. This resort offers unique blend of distinctive Balinese decoration and emphasizing total privacy and full service.


Main pool @ UVR




From clockwise: Restaurant in the middle of paddy field, main pool, restaurant's view & my breakfast table

The staffs was so friendly and helpful. Thanks to Anna who had organized my reservation and being patience to my needs & request, Cita & Novi @ Angkul Angkul Restaurant, Made, Wayan and everybody at UVR and my pleasure to a handsome Pak Agus and a gorgeous Ibu Agus the owner of UVR for the wonderful conversation & the hospitality given :-)



Walkway to the Restaurant


I arrived at UVR at about 6.30pm but everything has been arranged for late check in. Putting my feet out of the car and when I walked into the reception lounge, I was greeted with warm faces and friendly hellos by the reception staffs as they were already expected my arrival. After freshen up with cold towel & a glass of mixed fruit juice, I was assisted to my villa.



Walkway to my villa

Passing the small alley, turning left and right within lush tropical landscape, & frangipani trees make me wondering and had less patience to see how's my villa looks like...Then, the villa came into view..phewww


My Villa's private entrance


From clockwise: Room interior -Writing table, outdoor shower, dressing table & day bed

WoW! it was awesome...they even pasted my name at my villa's private entrance- Banjar Kangin 215. Stepping in? oh goshhh! the plunge pool was so great. It was a glass walled villa with offwhite night curtain & parametered by high dark stone private fence to ensure privacy. The balinese gazebo placed perfectly at the conner of the garden facing the plunge pool and the coffee table was at the private verandah within the garden. The DVD player was playing Gamelan music to enhance and create the perfect Balinese mood. Everything was so nice and lovely.


Private gazebo @ my villa




Sunken bathtub sorrounded by fish pond


Went into my villa even nicer. A basket of fruits and beautifully presented chocolate cakes by home cheff & real white orchid in a pot were placed near the day bed to welcome my stay. The king size duvet bed is in the middle of the villa overlooking the pool and garden on the other side. It has 2 separate showers indoor and outdoor, an outdoor sunken marble bathtub at private terrace sorrounded by koi pond and a toilet with glass walled overlooking the koi pond.Yeah! i love everythings at this villa and this gonna be my home for next 4 days...yeeeahaaa!


King size duvet bed