Colourful straw bags at Ubud Market


Spa ingredients @ Ubud Village Resort

What a lost if been to Bali but never try its spa or massage. One of my mission for this holiday is pampering myself with pure balinese massages, body scrub, facial & hair treatment. It was so easy to liase with any spa houses in Bali. Most of them have their own website and complete packages & description to choose for.



Pertenin Bodycare Spa at Ubud
From Clockwise: Rose petals for floral bath, warm & relaxing floral bath with ginger+lemongrass tea, treatment room & choices of lulur paste.

After finalized all the options, I decided to choose Pertenin Bodycare a spa owned by Tegal Sari Resort. 4.5hrs fullbody care package at only Rp.300k (+-RM120) with free pick up and drop off service. What an opportunity! This package is including hair treatment, traditional facial, Balinese massage, body scrub, body mask and flower bath.

The treatment was so marvellous. I purposely scheduled my spa after done my whole day shopping. By this way, I enjoyed the massage more as my body was too tired and demanded to be be pampered , rejuvenated and refreshed. With the spa music filling my ears, dancing fingers on my body & lovely fragrance from the frangipani oil & sandal wood, I almost fall asleep ZZZzzzz. ouchhh wake up!


Spa @ Ubud Village Resort
From clockwise: choices of massage oils, guest lobby hall, flower for foot bath & treatment room with balcony overlooking rice fields.

The following day after 6hrs of 'shop till u drop' activity, I headed for another spa treatment @ my resort - UVR. The spa is built in 2 storey building with well decorated of modern & traditional balinese style. Again, I had my second Balinese massage, body scrub & flower bath. This time it was better and nicer. Yeah! if u r looking for spa treatment, I highly recommend packages offerred by hotels but definitely it is more expensive. But don't get me wrong..it doesn't mean that nonhotel spa services is not good but once you tried you can tell the differences to yourself :-)



Shopping around Ubud

Shop till you drop! this time I really droped and dropeddd..the shopping was so fun!! Too many things to buy especially handmade handbags, multicolour beading sandals, wide range of accessories, dressess, cute cats & etc. The famous place to shop in Ubud is Ubud Market, row of shops along Monkey Forest Road, Hanoman Road & Sita Dewi Road. You can get everythings here but must bargain for a better price.

Ubud can be covered on foot but make sure you have good stamina & walking shoe :-)


Ubud Market
But I wanted something more adventures in exploring Ubud, then I hired a motorbike for 1day and went to outskirt area, Tegalalang. Tegalalang is the best place to get wood carvings and home decorative pieces at wholesale price. It's only 15 minutes away.



From clockwise: beaded sling bags @ Ubud Market, cats & cats & more cats at wholesale shops @ Tegalalang and beaded sandals @ Ubud Market

Looking for Bali T-Shirt? Best place to shop is at Agung Bali shop @ Tanah Lot. They are printing and producing their own brand with very good material quality. It cost me only Rp60k per pc (RM20).

For your record, Ubud has quite big numbers of stray dogs and they are everywhere. One thing that fascinated me about these doggies is their coat colour. I've never seen those colours in dog before. They are in light dirty grey, grey with brown patches and tortoishell colour! It's so weird and funny to have a tortie dog..LoL like my cat...hahaa

But worries not as they are friendly and not aggressive.