Drying fresh herbs that you have grown yourself will be really save your money. Moreover, in Malaysia, it is quite hard to get these English herbs [fresh or dried]. Normally they are widely available at hypermarkets at very expensive price O.O

It's been raining almost everyday for the past one month...WeeEEeeeEE~~~~ and as a result of this cold & good weather, my oregano grows beautifully & bushy. It's such a waste because I rarely cook at home lately...opppsss...ahaks! [banyak open house raya lahh]

So, I decided to prune my oregano to encourage new leaves and make them as dried herbs :)


My self grown fresh herbs. Basil, Oregano & Thyme

Basically, they are 2 types to dry your herbs;
1) Air-drying
2) Drying in the oven

And I picked the simplest & environmental way!..... Air-drying :))

Gather the herbs in bunches and tie each bunch of stems with string, leaving a long end.

My dried herbs in the making hanging with my completely dried bunch of roses +statice
Using the long end, hang the herb bunches upside down in a cool, dry place until they are completely dried.
For best flavour, try to use dried herbs within 4 - 6 months after preserving them. Once dried, crumble the leaves with your hands and keep it in a jar. They are ready to be used in recipes.
Happy trying! :)