My revisit trip to Kota Bandung was awesome even though it was raining season.  When I was there it was heavily raining on every single day in the afternoon but not a problem to me....I've got my foldable umbrella..ella..ellaaaa...eeeeeaaa..aaa

 Reception hall @ Geulis Hotel

The most fantastic was my HOTEL! again, I've choose the right place to stay (alhamdullillah...) As usual I've make a lot of effort in choosing a hotel, getting info about shopping & eating places, transfer & transportation and bla..bla..bla...so worth it!

Actually ramai yang panic about transfer from Jakarta to Bandung (just like me masa mola2 dulu) hihihi..well, nak bagi tips skit nih..if u don't hire a driver (which is not necessarry unless u r in big or family group), just take the scheduled shuttle service every 1/2 or 1hr but definitely not a taxi! You can choose either Xtrans (ala2 standard-Rp90k) or Cipaganti (ala2 premier gitu Rp115k)..Both are comfy ride in van or MPV and their station counters is located at the airport. Jakarta to Bandung is about 2hrs via toll road (highway). Jammed is pretty normal until the toll plaza but once u entering highway - all look good & smooth.
As an another option, u could also take a train at Gambir station for only Rp50k (executive class) for 3hrs journey or by bus.

I took Cipaganti (MPV Avanza) this time instead of Xtrans because it was the ealierst departure. It cost me Rp150k from jakarta airport until right in front of my hotel. Normally it is a station to station service but with extra money they can send u right to your door :-)
Pastu bagus plak tu..he knows the shortcut routes within Bandung and we managed to avoid the most terrible weekend jammed in Bandung town...yeee hoyeee...save my time

Lobby & reception hall

This round I stayed at Geulis Hotel right smack in the middle of many FOs at Jalan Dago - Among the best place to shop at Bandung beside Jalan Riau & Setiabudhi. Great! I've been sorrounded by FOs left, right & front and a great Sundanese restaurant just a few step next to my room. How wonderful & easy it was :-) No need to think about transfer from one road to another.
Geulis means beautiful and its name absolutely represent the hotel. It's a 4star gorgeous boutique hotel and tastefully decorated in lavish victorian style. Only 24 suites & 2 presidential suite rooms available here in a 3storey building right in front of the main road. It's about Rm300/nite inclusive breakfast. Pretty small compound but very spacious & gorgeous room. Swimming pool tersangatlah comel.. baru 2 depa dah sampai ujung ;-P (but who's bother about the pool? I'm here for shopping...)

Here are some photos of my suite room...


Sampaikan bila dah tak larat nak carry shopping bagsss, I went back to my hotel to drop them off and start my shopping all over again :-P

Makan? Fuh! best. Real Indonesian breakfast of course... Everyday ada Nasi Uduk (just like Nasi Lemak in Malaysia but nasi lemak lagi besttt). Geulis also is well known for its steak house.


Restaurant


Personally, I think this year Bandung has a lot of choices and quite up to-date fashion stocks compared to last year. My choice is definitely Rumah Mode. Lama tak lama ada lar 4hrs pusing2 kat situ & 'menderma' for almost Rp1mil to Rumah Mode alone..hihiiii :-D tooooo maaaaany things to buy..paling best sbb ada Zara & Bcbgmaxazria, Old Navy, Guess and etc. Accross my hotel is FO Grande - a must go! Then ada Jetset, Episode, Blossom, Glamour, Level, Victoria, Edward Forrer and many more.

...and as a result, I arrived with 2 luggages and left Bandung with 5 luggages! oucch! Blum campur Jakarta lagi....aiyo!

Payah nak describe lar betapa siokknyer bershopping @ Bandung...hemmmm dasat :-P
Not only for women but men also bulih tahan hebatnya..yes! really..silap2 ngalahkan isteri.

If you have kids - OMG! lagi crazy...too many choices, ALL r sooo cute, branded & good quality yet cheap. And some of the design u coudn't get here in KL especially GAP & Esprit, Oshkosh & etc.

Another famous place @ Bandung is Cihampelas. They have something like Bintang Walk in KL called CiWalk (now in upgrading construction). But nothing interesting. Infact Cihampelas that wellknown for jeans product pun tak best. Nothing lah. Ada jeans cap ayam jer...lagipun I'm not a t-shirt & jeans lady..ouchh :-P

During my stay, I used Angkutan to move around. Senang, cepat & mudah. It's only RM0.50-1.00/trip. Hardly seen taxi while I was there. Need to wait about 10-15minutes for a cab..no way I've got that much time. It was so easy taking angkutan as long as you are not shy asking locals or driver to show your way or where u suppose to stop. From Geulis to Rumah Mode, I need to take 2 different Angkutan and cost me about Rp4k only.
I met many locals and they are all so friendly and helpful and they became more friendly after noted that I'm a Malaysian...If u want to take angkutan, don't get advice from hotel as they may not able to help u. It's a wise way to ask local in the angkutan or the driver himself since it's their daily transport - they know better :-)


Few FOs around Bandung

Next to my hotel is a classy authentic Sundanese Restaurant "Rumah Makan Dago Penyawangan". Totally no idea about this resto but since baru sampai and looking for lunch place, I just stepped in and oh my goshhh! - full house, nicely set-up with indoor waterfall, cozy & awesome ambience. Apa lagi my favourite is Gurame larrr..."bapak kasi saya Gurame Cobek satu, kangkung pedas satu, lalapan sama sambal merah ya" fuhhh! tu dia..



And rasanya a part of main reason for this revisit trip agaknya sbb teringin nak makan kat Restaurant Bumbu Desa @ Rumah Mode. This is the place where I fall in love with Gurame at the first sight :-) -padahal hakikatnya i DON'T eat fresh water fish!

Still the same ambiance and same food.. and I've got the same table like last year...yeah! Dah nak jadi rezeki, i think for the past 10yrs tak penah makan masak lemak siput paip (orang kedah lar) Ya allah! sedapppnya...(syukur rejeki Allah)...sbb sekrg ni kalo balik kedah, dah tak der orang jual siput paip ni lagi dah..susah nak cari..tak macam dulu..paling best siput paip masak lemak dgn daun kaduk...aduh! jatuh terduduk you :-D



Overall of this revisit trip - "nyaman & gampang skali di Bandung, Ada Rejeki bisa ketemu lagi kita deh :-) "
Whatever it is just go slow & steady so that u don't get tired at the end of the day - remember...u have so maaaaaaaanyyyyy places to 'donate'...remember?