Back to Jakarta! After Bandung, I'm headed to Jakarta for another 2nites. Again, checked in at Le Grandeur, Mangga Dua (M2) of North Jakarta. First I wanted to stay somewhere in Central Jakarta since I've stayed at M2 last year... but totally can't resist the shopping temptation...Goshhh! wonderful, awesome & fantastic!!! :-)

If I stayed at Central Jakarta it means I'm wasting my time travel & stuck in trafic jam because no matter how I'm still need & must go to M2 :-) and I've made a wise decision by staying at Le Grandeur, M2 (again). Same as Bandung, Jakarta also is in wet season now. Raining heavily almost everyday..but again it was not a problem since Le Grandeur is interconnected to a computer mall & with other famous shopping centres in this area such as Mangga Dua Mall, ITC Mangga Dua and Pasar Pagi Mangga Dua. So, you don't have to go accross the street :-)

Mangga Dua is one of the most paced up and packed up area in Jakarta. The Mangga Dua district has a lot to offer if you show that you’re really up to it. Beneath its dusty air and ferocious traffic, there are many hidden treasures to find. It's for die hard shoppers! Forget about all the bigscale shopping malls & expensive branded things at Central Jakarta - don't waste your time, u can get all those here in KL. It's someting else that is so different & interesting in Mangga Dua yet very cheap...Yeah!

I left Bandung for Jakarta via Xtrans at 11.30am. One day prior to my departure, I've call the Xtrans (station at Cihampelas Road) & placed my reservation via the phone & my desired seat in the coach- as simple as that :-) The 2hrs trip was very smooth & comfy. My stop at Jakarta is at Blora station. From there I need to get a cab to my hotel for another 30minutes depending on traffic condition (Jakarta traffic flow is really bad!). Fortunately the Xtrans staff were so helpful. Two of them carried out my 5 luggages and look for a taxi for me...fuhhh! "Makasih Pak"I gave them tips for the assistance and within 5 minutes i was in the taxi headed to my hotel.

My room was at 15th floor with a very great view of M2 area. Nice! One thing I like about this hotel is the security. They have 24hrs security guards at the hotel entrance, lobby, restaurants and using lift to access desired floor, we need to swipe room's keycard...and as an added security, the reception will call your room everytime you request room service just to inform that their staff is already in front of your door...bagus kan? jadi, takder lah kita suka2 hati open the door for a stranger ;->

Room view
Lobby

The door at the lobby that connected to the computer mall

Breakfast was great. Basically I have no problem about food in Jakarta as they served Halal food and I do love Nasi Padang & Sunda food...yummmyyy. Here back in Kuala Lumpur, if sometimes really feel nak makan Sundanese food my fav resto is Sundanese @ KLCC. Delicious!

M2 is wellknown for its China Town. Most of the resident here are Chinese & they speak Bahasa Indonesia as their daily language. At first it was a bit difficult to differentiate Jakartan Malay & Chinese women. They all look a like. Fair, gorgeous and curly long sexy hair...hemmm so pretty. During my stay, hotel was full with local especially Chinese and hardly seen any foreigner or Malaysian except me :-P. Many business people since Le Grandeur is a 4star business hotel. Nearby hotel is Novotel (on top of Mangga Dua Square) but u have to take a ride or 15minutes sweaty & dusty walk to the malls that connected to my hotel.

On my first day, I tried the buffet dinner with live performance..Actually wanted to go to Restaurant Garuda for nasi padang but due to heavy rain and difficult to get a taxi (precisely Blue Bird), then I decided to have dinner at hotel...sumptious Indonesian buffet spread just at Rp60k (RM22) with free drink.

This one is my lunch at Restaurant Garuda @ Jalan Hayam Wuruk...fuyyyooo! terangkat cikjah! lazat..slurrppp..gulp..gulpp..Total is about Rp200k (RM70)


Ha! This is the most awaited dish... Fried Gurame + Rice + Lalapan = AWESOME MEAL!
Had this on the last day in the room sbb dah too tired to go out..sedapnya sama macam dulu :-)
Sampai lah kita ke bab Shopping - sajer jer tak nak citer mula2...sat gi ketaq lutut :-D

Basically, I've organized my itinerary sama jer like last year. The places I went for makan & shopping were all the same places sbb I don't want to waste my time searching & looking around since I've limited days at Jakarta.

Tempat wajib mestilar Tanah Abang! This round, I'm a bit prepared. One lorong at a time and floor by floor. More organized...kalo tidak nanti ada toko (shop) yang ketinggalan...

Wow! Tanah Abang is extremely hebat! Sumer ada...Setakat 2-3jam kat Tanah Abang memang tak cukup. You need at least the entire day :-P It's open from 9am until 5pm...If you are here with group & family please bring your compass - u may lost ur way here. Too many shops & floors, new block, old block..hemmmm..pusing. The most lower ground paling best - textile floor. Varities of laces & colour, silk & fabric - Oh goshhhhhh! gorgeous & murah...sesuwei buat baju pen-ghan-thin :-P
..and another tempat wajib to go is ITC Mangga Dua. Warning for ladies! Bring out your credit cardss :-) Segala macam handbags available...But of course not original..tetapi with 1st grade quality..not cheap ok.. The price range between Rp700k - Rp1.5mil ..It's about RM250 onwards...Beside that ada jugak yang murah like Rp50k-Rp100k/each (RM20-RM40)... but still good if you know how to choose.

All handbag shops located at ground floor..kalo Cikjah datang, mahunya taknak balik...best gilerzzzz..Huh! As a present for myself sbb dah alang2 jauh berjalan nih, terbeli lar jugak handbag Rp1.2mil (sebutannya: 1 koma 2)..hehehe...tu pun puas lar tawar menawar :-P
Penat sopping, I decided to wash my hair..it was good kalo kepala ni kena massage2 skit..hehee.
Asked around and they told me at ITC has one famous salon - Johny Andrean Salon. So, I gave a try. Wash & blow only Rp36k ( RM13). So cheap!

On my departure day, it was raining heavily in the morning. Fuh, takut jugak kalo2 terjadi banjir..sbb Mangga Dua ni nearby to beach area, Ancol. It's a low land area. Lagipun on my way back from Tanah Abang, dah ada "genangan air" (local name for Banjir) but still ok for traffic...but that was the day before...huh!
Nak jadi citer - memang ada banjirpun on my way to the airport but luckily only half way. Tapi kira macet jugak lar...
My tips -please allocate at least 3-3.5hrs from you hotel until your check-in time @ the airport. Anything could happen in Jakarta. Tak rugi kalo tunggu lama at the airport. Do you know that missing your flight will cost you hundreds? hemmmm...takder replace2 punyalah...kena bayar penalti Cikjah oiiii...
Photo news about thunder flood somewhere in Jakarta due to raining season.

Tips - Do carry your foldable bag (red) with you as it is so useful. My luggages...huh! but no excess weight woooo :-P (not like my Bali trip)

Finally, I was on flight back home on time. Tapi satu jer tak puas hati mesti komplen kat Abang Tony as the staff never mentioned to me that I need to wait at separate hall for express boarding (JKT-KL)..nasib baik aku tanya! chitttt...
and the worst is from KL-JKT they never repeat the announcement for the express boarding to onboard the flight...I was at the boarding gate sharp at 8.30am (the required time) tapi nobody announced for express boarding and of course i thought maybe later...Tetiba jer sumer orang rushing to the gate & walk out...chiiittt...hanjennggg betoi! Woiii..tak kan sumer benda nak kena tanya..aku bayar extra RM25/way from others tau :-O
Ni dah takder fuel chargers ni ntah apa pulak lar lousy service provided to cover up the lost...hemmmm
Argghhh..malaslah citer pasai airline nih..maybe next time try naik KLM lar plak...better kot :-P
But no matter how, Jakarta is definitely a great place for shopping & they have amazing food to enjoy. Walla Jakarta :-)